We offer the guests who share our home the “simple gifts” of comfort, cleanliness, privacy, and friendly, personal attention. We try to be accurate in our description, so please READ THROUGH OUR WEBSITE CAREFULLY to make sure our home is right for you.
This is what we offer:
- Privacy: Your bedroom, ensuite bath, and small sitting area are right inside the front door. You don’t have to walk through our family living space.
- Quiet: Your bedroom is in the back of the building, away from street noise. You won’t have a view or much sunlight, but … what a great night’s sleep!
- Brand new bed, with firm mattress, purchased 2015.
- Bedroom measures 10 feet by 10 feet (3m x 3m) and contains a dresser, nightstand, and closet.
- Reading lights
- Ensuite bathroom with shower, fluffy towels, hair dryer, shampoo, shower gel.
- “Light” housekeeping. Each day we’ll straighten your bed, empty the trash bin, and check supplies. I’ll freshen your towels regularly and on long stays I’ll clean the room and change bed linens.
- Delicious Continental breakfast: coffee or tea, fresh-squeezed orange juice, seasonal fruit, yogurt, and a basket of fresh pastries and bagels with cream cheese and jam (Before you book, please discuss special dietary needs or food allergies.)
- Mini-refrigerator in the room. Electric tea kettle upon request.
- Sitting area, just outside your bedroom, with two upholstered chairs, a reading lamp, and a bookcase filled with books, visitor guides and maps.
- Short walk to restaurants, cafes and pubs, laundry, valet parking garage, US Post Office, library with public computers, 24-hour pharmacy, 24-hour cafes & food markets.
- Easy transportation to all attractions via #1, B, C subways and major bus lines.
- A host committed to making your stay in New York a success. I’m a fifth generation New Yorker, born in Brooklyn. I’ve lived in Greenwich Village, the Upper East and Upper West sides, and I raised my kids here. I’m in love with this extraordinary city – its neighborhoods, architecture, natural landscape, politics, foods, arts and culture, and the stories of immigrants who have reshaped and redefined New York over four centuries. Long active in international cultural exchange programs, I love to travel, explore, and connect with people from all over the world. Hosting allows me to meet wonderful people and share my home and hometown.
We’re not a hotel! We do not provide:
- Telephone or message service, except in emergencies
- Alarm clock
- We cannot receive or send packages for you.
- Daily, full-service “hotel-style” housekeeping. See above.
- A writing desk
- Cooking facilities
- Extra cot or air mattress. We cannot accommodate more than two persons.
- Soaking bathtub. We have a shower only.
- Handicap accessibility. We have an elevator, but to enter our building you must climb four steps.
And keep in mind:
- Arrival time is after 3:00 pm but must be set in advance, so that I arrange to be home. Departure time is before 10:00 am. If you ask us in advance, you may drop off your suitcase in the morning, and, on the day of departure you may leave your luggage here until later in the day.
- When you arrive, we will photocopy your passport or driver’s license and take a refundable cash deposit for keys
- Come and go as you please, but please be considerate of other sleepers and try to return home before 1 a.m. If you like to party, this is not the place for you.
- The breakfast room is open from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.. Because you are my only guests and I prepare everything fresh and hot, I prefer that we set a definite breakfast time. Please inquire before booking if you’d like a different time.
- Please purchase electrical outlet adapters in your country, before you leave.
- No smoking, candles, incense, matches or lighters, anywhere inside our apartment or building. My neighbors ask that you not smoke in front of our building.