Most of my guests arrive in New York with one or more guidebooks in hand. But this city is bigger than any guidebook. I’ve lived here all my life; yet, every day for me is a continuation of the New York adventure. I never stop exploring the city, peeling away its many layers, and discovering its neighborhoods, streets, buildings, restaurants, markets, stores, and, most important — its people! And my greatest pleasure is sharing the riches of New York with my guests. Here are some of the discoveries I’ve made, and as my list has grown, I’ve organized them by topics. This section continues to be expanded and updated, so please visit again!
- Here on the Upper West Side
- Going uptown to Harlem
- Roaming and Rambling in New York City
- Food, Food, and More Food! (This section is under construction.)
- Beyond the skyline: My favorite day trips
- And even further beyond: USA travel ideas